Mount Kilimanjaro Expeditions - Machame Trek
Kilimanjaro, in Tanzania, is the least difficult of the Continental Summits and is a superb challenge for fit trekkers and walkers. However, the mountain is frequently underestimated and each year, many people attempt a five or six-day dash up the Marangu Route and fail to reach the top, due to altitude sickness.
Adventure Quests has carefully designed this itinerary with the aim of getting every team member to the summit - something that we achieve on the vast majority of our trips.
This trek is suitable for fit walkers, without previous trekking or mountaineering experience. The itinerary is designed to provide gradual acclimatisation, with a total of 9 days spent making a rising traverse of the mountain. The views of the western and southern aspects of Kilimanjaro are superior to those on the northern routes, and the route is less travelled than the Marangu route.
Our preferred Kilimanjaro program includes 3 extra days for acclimatization on the mountain and will almost guarantee a successful climb of Kilimanjaro.
- 9D trek program guarantees more time to acclimatize, rest and enjoy the scenery while on trek
- Topping out at the highest point on the Africa Continent - Uhuru Peak
- an achievement you'll remember for life
- Optional fabulous 3-Day Tanzanian Northern Safari Circuit
- Minimum age 15 years old
- Completed an above-3500m camping trek
- Willing to commit to average 2 trainings a week. Training intensity will increase closer to the expedition
- A team player
- Reasonably good physical fitness
- Lots of enthusiasm and perseverance
What is Included
- All airport transfers between Arusha and Moshi
- Transport from Moshi to starting point on mountain and return to Moshi
- National Park gate fees
- Camping fees and tents
- Certified, experienced, English-speaking guides for all routes
- Porters' salaries
- Rescue fees (required by national park)
- All meals on the mountain
- Two nights accommodation in Moshi bed and breakfast, twin or triple occupancy
- Tents, foam sleeping pads, cooking equipment, and eating utensils
- Special Adventure Quests Kilimanjaro Trekking Guide (60-pages) on everything you need to know to prepare for a successful, enjoyable and most importantly, a safe trek
- Complimentary progressive physical conditioning sessions with AQ trainer where you can pick up plenty of tips on hiking & gear usuage.
- Super detailed briefing sessions on itinerary, gear, and
- Special discount of up to 30% for gear purchases
What is Not Included:
- International return airfares between Singapore and Kilimanjaro airport + applicable airport taxes and fuel surcharges
- (current air fares ~ $2400 on Emirates, subject to change at point of booking)
- Tips for guides and porters
- Lunches and dinners in town ( Moshi )
- Extra days spend on the mountain and extra nights in town
- Visa fees, personal travel insurance, immunisations, and personal spendings / shopping.
- Oxygen & Gamow Bag support on trek at additional costs
- Return international airfares to Kilimanjaro airport can be arranged on your behalf
- Chartis Travel Guard offered at discounted rates
Click here for important information about trekking on Kilimanjaro.
Duration : 13 days
Maximum Altitude : 5,895-m Uhuru Peak
|Trip Dates :
||01 - 13 Aug 13 (confirmed!)
||21 Dec 13 - 1 Jan 14 (via Rongai route)
|Group Size :
||2013 Land Price :
Why Go With Adventure Quests ?
~ 10 Good Reasons ~
- Our Trip Consultants have been to & summitted Kilimanjaro.
- Special "Adventure Quests' Kilimanjaro Trekking Guide" (70-pages) on everything you need to know to prepare for a successful & enjoyable trek.
- Our program includes complimentary physical conditioning sessions with AQ trainer
- We'll give you the most detailed run-down on what gear you need for your trek and give you a final gear check before you fly off. As bonus, we connect you with the gear store for best prices & discounts.
- We give the most extensive advice & tips on prevention & treatment of altitude sickness - the No. 1 "Killer" on Kilimanjaro.
- Our local ground operator is probably the most experienced, the most established, and reliable Kilimanjaro operator running the most number of groups up Kilimanjaro each year.
- With their extensive connections, our local partner can get things done fast in any emergency.
- Our trip manager is on-call 24/7 when you are on trek and is ready to offer instant advice via SMS should the need arises.
- We've been organizing treks to Kilimanjaro since 2000 - 14 years of knowledge and experience waiting to be shared with you.
- We enjoy a 90% success rate in all treks to Kilimanjaro so we're your best bet for summit success!
Kilimanjaro is no CHEAP adventure trip so please ensure that your booking agent is not just a "booking" agent but one who can ensure that you will be well-prepared to take on the task of climbing to the top of high arctic Africa !
Check them off with the above list and we're confident that we provide the most value-added package available anywhere.
|Day 1 - 2
|Singapore - Moshi. Depart on night flight and arrive next morning.
|Day 3 - 11
||Mount Kilimanjaro Trek - 9 Days Machame Route
This is a scenic and challenging route and
is organized on camping basis. It offers hikers a more adventurous
and rugged experience. The campsites are suitably located to give
us many different views of Kibo, the main summit of Kilimanjaro
and the neighbouring peaks of Mawenzi and Shira. This trek with 2-3 extra days of acclimatization is planned
to allow for better
acclimatization and higher summit success and minimizing the bad
effects of altitude sickness such as nausea, headaches, lethargy
|Day 12 -13
|| Moshi - Singapore. Depart on afternoon flight and arrive next day afternoon.
December to March
trips: see the migrating herds on the Serengeti
Plains. Add in gameviewing in the Ngorongoro Crater for the complete
Tanzania safair experience.
June to October
trips: witness the migration in the dry-season wildlife
paradise of Tarangire, one of Africa’s premier wildlife reserves,
where great herds gather along the beautiful Tarangire River, the
only permanent water in the Serengeti ecosystem.
As in every big mountain, Kilimanjaro has its own
climate, and it is possible to encounter tropical downpours, raging
blizzards to gale force winds in your climb and temperatures can reach
minus 20 degrees at the summit. Although a high level of physical fitness
is required, it is the ability to acclimatize to the thin air that will
determine your success on the mountain. With the right mental attitude
and determination coupled with adequate preparation and tons of advice & tips shared by Adventure Quests, a successful climb
is a possibility - as long as you can acclimatize well to the thin air.